The Penhold Church of Hope is a family-orientated church dedicated to bringing the Hope of Jesus Christ to the community of Penhold. To get a sense of how we do this, check out our commitment and take a moment to see what we believe. Have a look at our facebook page to see what we’ve been up to recently. And if you like what you see – join us Sunday mornings at 10:30am at the Penhold Memorial Hall (1123 Fleming Ave)! We would love to see you there!
We have resumed our Sunday morning worship services!
Of course, things will look very different as there are still many guidelines that we need to follow to keep everyone healthy and safe. So here are a few things that you need to know when you show up on Sundays!
- When entering and exiting the building, please use the designated doors (there will be lots of signs!) so that there is not congestion at those points.
- Even though it will be natural to want to connect with one another – please avoid shaking hands or hugging as you greet one another.
- Physical distancing is still to be followed, so our seating will be rearranged to allow everyone to be seated in families (or cohorts) with proper distancing from everyone else. We do ask that your kids sit with you during the service and kids under 2 must be with parents at ALL times.
- Nursery and kids’ programming are not currently available. We encourage you to bring activities, toys, books, or snacks for your own children. (And perhaps some coffee for yourself!) Tables will be available at the back for families with busy children. We know it will be challenging for families with small children, so our service will be a bit shorter than usual.
- We do have a time for worship in song – but as per health guidelines, we’d ask you to consider wearing a facemask if you want to sing along. Alternatively you may choose to hum, clap, or simply meditate on the lyrics and worship in your heart.
We realize these restrictions may be cumbersome but they are necessary as we gather together to worship. As the situation in our province changes, we hope to reduce these restrictions and eventually resume our regular services and programming. Like our online services, we trust that this will only be necessary for a season – but while in this season, we will do our best to provide meaningful ways for your family to worship and to grow in your faith!
If you cannot attend in person for whatever reason, we would still love for you to participate online! We typically live-stream Sunday’s message on our youtube channel around 10:45am.